[Klug-general] Kent Digest, Vol 464, Issue 1

Karl Buckland buckland.karl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:24:46 UTC 2014

My assumption would be that many companies don't ship the drivers because
Linux is a tiny fraction of their market and it doesn't make commercial
sense for them to do so. I can't blame them for this really. I can instead
choose to not buy their product though.

While I understand that it's frustrating that Linux isn't supported better
by many of these companies, arguably Samsung is not at fault here anyway. A
company doesn't have to make a product to suit you, or anyone else. They
can make a product exclusively for Windows or Mac if they like.

Forcing a company to do anything (other than comply with the law) seems
particularly against competition and a free market, if you ask me.

As Brian has pointed out, Samsung do have a unified driver, which also
works fine for my laser printer too. So I'm not quite sure what the issue
is here specifically anyway?