[Klug-general] Dead machine.

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Tue Feb 3 15:02:59 UTC 2015

P su connected 2 plugs to motherboard, one each to DVD and hard drive. Plugged in to power block, started, no activity at all, no drive spinning up, no fans turning.

New power lead, tried different power block, no change.

History - machine is 2 years old, died during reboot last Friday morning. I'd been having problems with the psu, arcing, not working unless plug removed and replaced, so I assumed that the psu had died. Today shows it wasn't the psu! Not even the monitor shows that it's connected, just says no signal.

Any ideas what else to try please? Only internet access through my mobile at present.

Sharon.

Sent using Boxer