[Klug-general] Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Image via Network

Luca Britton lucabritton93 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:38:32 UTC 2017

Good Evening,

I am part of a group at East Kent College called Astrova Tech, we have
built a system that will be used within the college in the near future, we
have recently hit a brick wall and we are having trouble finding a program
that will image the raspberry pi over the network.

We have so far successfully connected the raspberry pi to active directory
and we are able to see our "network space" allocated to each student that
logs in.

We have the Ubuntu image ready to be deployed with all updates and software
that will be required.

The main I am asking on behalf of the group is:

Is there a program or a certain way that we can deploy the image via an
imaging program such as FOG to the raspberry pi's that have a blank SD in
them? It will need to rename the raspberry pi to a specific name so that
Active directory doesn't conflict with multiple devices with the same name.

Your help is much appreciated and this post and replies may be used as
coursework evidence.

Kind Regards
Luca Britton