[Lincoln] Lincs LUG meeting in Boston on 11th September!

Marc Mc Guinness marc at mcguinness.de
Mon Jul 19 22:29:29 BST 2004

Hello penguins!

The first real-life meeting of LLUG will be on Saturday 11th September,
5pm - 9pm at Boston Squash Club.  We will have presentations on Linux,
open source software, desktop security, Open Office, Mozilla, Knoppix,
making an mp3/ogg server, Kopete, and other topics - striking a balance
that ensures we provide for beginners and more advanced users.

We'll also discuss the direction of LLUG, provide help with
configuration problems and you can also find out who (or what) you've
been IRCing.

Would anyone be prepared to speak for 15-ish minutes on a topic of their
choice?

"Open" topics include:

Linux basics and open source
Open Office
Mozilla
Basic linux security for desktops
Linux politics (e.g. e-government)

But pretty much anything is fair game, provided it's interesting, useful
and not too amazingly hard to get going - we'll probably leave running
chrooted distros inside each other for the next meeting.

We will have all necessary equipment on site:
- notebooks (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X)
- digital projectors
- network gear

We've also got a local sponsor for the venue and light refreshments:
Telesat Communications Ltd. (http://www.telesat-communications.com)

Venue:
Boston Squash Club, Rosebery Avenue, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 7QF

Website:	http://lincs.lug.org.uk