[Lincoln LUG] [Lincs] Lincoln LUG: launch of new LUG

Carl Inglis carl.inglis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:45:16 UTC 2011

I'm confused that we have two LUGs, two mailing lists, and at least
one set of forums - where are we supposed to discuss things again?

Some of us prefer mailing lists, some prefer forums; personally I
prefer usenet, but I'm a dinosaur in that respect. :) Unfortunately
with a proliferation of media one has to get in the habit of reading
them all (which is rather time consuming).

I've kept quiet through all this because I was never an active
participant in the Lincs LUG. Having said that, I think part of the
problem with the Lincs LUG was the difficulty of organising something
that more than one or two people could attend. (Please note, I don't
have any evidence for this; this is based on my recollection of the
mailing list - I haven't gone trawling the archives looking for
anything to support my point :) ).

I understand what Becky's been trying to do; I can also understand her
frustration; however I do feel that this has all moved rather fast;
certainly faster than I've been able to keep track of at some points.
Which is part of why I've kept out of the discussion until now.

I'm taking the view of seeing how things come out in the wash - I'm
based in Lincoln so (work, wife, cats, etc. willing) I'll do my best
to come along to the first meeting.

TTFN

Carl