[Lincoln LUG] [IMPORTANT UPDATE] Lincoln LUG first social meeting Tuesday 27th September at 7.30pm

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Sun Sep 25 19:05:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Carl Inglis <carl.inglis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Becky,
>
> Outside my cycleable radius I'm afraid - what was wrong with the original venue?
>
> Carl

Hi Carl (and others)

The new venue is just 1.4 miles from Ritz, and has a nice quiet area
of the bar which could accommodate us.  It's been Lincoln Fresher week
this week, and the Ritz has been over-run with the new Uni students in
the evenings, as there is nearby student accommodation opposite
Debenhams and around Portland Street.  The Ritz is their nearest,
cheap watering hole.  I thought we all deserved somewhere a little
more quiet to be able to get to know each other at our first LUG meet.

Philip and I will driving down from Bracebridge Heath; if you are
en-route (ish), we will swing by & pick you up if you would like, and
drop you home later.  Also, I forgot to say in my earlier email that
we will also be being joined by 5 or so members of the Hull LUG, who
are kindly driving down to join us and meet their LUG neighbours :)
Another reason for choosing a quieter venue for this meeting.

Mail me direct if you need a pick up.  Hope to see some of you there on Tuesday.

Becky