[Lincoln LUG] [IMPORTANT UPDATE] Lincoln LUG first social meeting Tuesday 27th September at 7.30pm

Carl Inglis carl.inglis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:18:06 UTC 2011

Hi Becky,

Personally I think out of town venues discriminate against those who
don't (or can't) drive.

Whilst I accept your point about Freshers Week, that was last week,
and I'm sure another venue in the town center (or somewhere with some
semblance of public transport) could have been found.

In your reply you said "at our first LUG meet." - but in your original
email you said "on a regular basis".

Can you confirm that the plan is either:

1 - revert back to the original venue after the first meet or
2 - continue to hold the meets at the proposed new venue.

I'm also concerned at the unilateral action taken in changing the
venue with only a couple of days notice. Shouldn't this have been
discussed with the members beforehand to make sure people were in
agreement?

The new venue may indeed be 1.4 miles from the Ritz, however it's
unaccessible by public transport at that time of night and therefore
would require cycling along Cannock Road and Washingborough Road - not
the best places to be cycling late at night after a couple of pints.

Thank you for your offer of transport, but I would rather be able to
leave when I choose instead of being beholden to others - also
Bracebridge Heath is the other side of town from where I live and
therefore you'd need to come all the way through the town center
anyway.

Regards,

Carl