[Lincoln LUG] Raspberry Pi

Terry Froy tez+lincoln-lug at spilsby.net
Tue Aug 14 17:00:02 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

After an off-list chat with a regular attendee of the LUG meetings, I asked if anybody had previously brought along a Raspberry Pi for folks to have a play with.

He said not so I am going to bring mine along tomorrow evening.

Peripherals-wise, it needs a USB keyboard/mouse and a display - either HDMI, composite video or DVI-D (as I have a HDMI-->DVI-D adapter) if anyone wants to actually connect it up and use it but as I am travelling up from London, I can't really lug (ho ho!) a monitor with me on the train.

If anyone wants to see a particular distro running on it, I can load a few SD cards in advance but better be quick as I'm only taking requests until 9am tomorrow morning (mail me links!).

The IPv6 chat is going to be informal as I don't have a projector to hand but as long as the Lincoln Bowl folks have a reasonably sane IPv4 connection, I'll be able to 'do' proper IPv6 on my laptop during the presentation to highlight some of the differences between IPv4 and IPv6.

Regards,
Terry Froy
Spilsby Internet Solutions
http://www.spilsby.net/