[Lincoln LUG] Overview of Lincoln LUG

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Sun Jul 22 13:15:11 UTC 2012

Hi everyone

Wow, what a fantastic LUG meeting we had this month; we had our best
turn-out ever! First and foremost, I would like to welcome new LUG members
Tom, Graham and Miles. Thank you for coming along; I hope you all enjoyed
yourselves :)  We were also joined by Hull LUG regulars Dave, Jon, Steve &
Damian, as well as Lincoln LUG regulars Philip, Alistair, Jo and me. Jo
even brought along her kids to join in the LUG fun.

This month our LUG venue moved to the Lincoln Bowl in Washingborough, and
we took over the party room rather than sharing the lounge with 60+
screaming kids!  Being in the party room gave the meeting a different feel;
more upbeat and interactive due to the seating arrangement maybe, and
feedback from the members who attended was that they preferred it!  I'll
make sure that I book the party room for next month.

New LUG members always bring a new perspective and topics of conversation,
and Tom, Graham and Miles certainly did that. We discovered we had 2 Fedora
users in our midst, Graham re-invigorated Philip's enthusiasm for xmonad,
Miles showed off his Open Arena fragging skills (much to the kids delight)
and Tom shared his thoughts on web security and told us a bit about OWASP
meetings in Leeds that he had attended.

Our next meeting will be on Weds 15th August starting at 7pm in Lincoln
Bowl, Washingborough and hopefully we can continue to build on the success
of this month's meeting. Did I say how good this month's meeting
was? Thanks to everyone who came along and particpated; hopefully see some
or all of you next month.

Cheers

Becky