[Lincoln LUG] Quickie Introduction

Terry Froy tez+lincoln-lug at spilsby.net
Tue Jul 31 19:58:28 UTC 2012

> > <snip>
>
> Hi Terry
>
> Welcome to the mailing list and thanks for your quick intro above. It will be great to hear your talk on IPv6 at our next LUG meeting and thank you for being the
> first to step forward to give one; do you need anything set-up to give your presentation? I will have a word with the bowl and make sure that we are allocated
> the bigger party room for the evening.

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the welcome!

Regarding equipment, I will bring my laptop, a Wi-Fi access point (as I might see if I can get a bit of audience participation going!) and some assorted peripherals.

The only thing I'm likely to need are mains sockets and a few Cat-5e cables - some form of wired Internet access would be good as well - but can survive on wireless if necessary

A projector would be a good idea but you would have to let me know in advance what inputs it has so I can make sure I have the relevant adaptor(s) to hand for my laptop; my laptop can do DisplayPort, DVI-D or HDMI but I will have to borrow a VGA adaptor from someone in the office if that is all the projector supports.

> We start our meetings at 7pm, and due to the distance that some of our members travel they like to get their food ordered and eaten. Are you ok with an 8pm start
> time for your talk?

I'll be travelling directly from London on the afternoon in question so I think I'll be beating everyone w.r.t. distance travelled to get there ;-)

8pm start is fine.

> Looking forward to meeting you and hearing your presentation on 15th August. Let's hope that we have a good membership turn-out to hear what you have to say :)

I think I have convinced a chum who works at NewNet but lives in Lincoln to turn up as well - this way, I'm guaranteed some heckling :-P

Regards,
Terry