[Lincoln LUG] March meeting?

Dave Harding dave at hulllug.org
Sun Mar 11 13:01:16 UTC 2012

@Philip Newborough

I've had Mint12 on my laptop for the last few weeks, and I'm really liking
it...although I'm more enjoying that it's not Unity.

I would be wary of putting Gnome3 on a 'Linux Newbie's' machine straight
away.  In fact I loaded a friend's old laptop up with Mint11
yesterday...She wanted W$ but that wasn't going to happen :)

In other news I've dug out a path in my study, and found my way to my desk
(and desktop), I'm going to spend a few days messing around seeing if I can
persuade it to take anything other than #! 9.04.01

Dave