[Lincoln LUG] March meeting?

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Sun Mar 11 20:50:20 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Dave Harding <dave at hulllug.org> wrote:
> @Philip Newborough
>
> I've had Mint12 on my laptop for the last few weeks, and I'm really liking
> it...although I'm more enjoying that it's not Unity.

Hmm, does Mint 12 run Cinnamon? I took a look at the latest Cinnamon
builds the other week, it is nice, but I think I prefer GNOME Shell (I
never thought I would write that, but the more I use it, the more I
like it.)

> I would be wary of putting Gnome3 on a 'Linux Newbie's' machine straight
> away.  In fact I loaded a friend's old laptop up with Mint11 yesterday...She
> wanted W$ but that wasn't going to happen :)

I'm not so sure, maybe a 'Linux Newbie's' machine would be ideal -- I
mean, it's not like they would have to relearn the GNOME GUI.

> In other news I've dug out a path in my study, and found my way to my desk
> (and desktop), I'm going to spend a few days messing around seeing if I can
> persuade it to take anything other than #! 9.04.01

Blimey, #! 9.04.01, an oldie, but a goodie! :D

 -- Philip