[Lincoln LUG] Booting from USB on a Dell XPS 13

Dave Briggs dave at kindofdigital.com
Tue May 21 20:59:18 UTC 2013

Hi all

My XPS 13 arrived today. Sadly not the 'Sputnik' developer edition with
Ubuntu pre-installed (it wasn't available on the UK Dell website), but
Windows 8 instead. Had a brief play with W8, and it's the dog everyone says
it is!

Anyway, I've got the latest 64 bit Ubuntu on a USB stick but am struggling
to get the machine to boot from the USB. I found some instructions here

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/os-applications/f/4613/t/19501016.aspx

But some of the labels used don't match my machine and I am very nervous
about BIOS fiddling!

I don't want to keep Windows, so none of the issues about dual booting
effect me, but equally I don't want to brick my brand new laptop!

Anyone know of any really easy to follow instructions, or happy to talk me
through it?

TIA

Dave

--
Dave Briggs - Director, Kind of Digital Ltd

dave at kindofdigital.com<https://mail.google.com/a/kindofdigital.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=dave@kindofdigital.com>|
http://kindofdigital.com | 07501 190090 | 020 3286 5186

http://twitter.com/davebriggs | http://gplus.to/dbriggs | Skype:
kindofdigital