[Lincoln LUG] Booting from USB on a Dell XPS 13

Kevin Hall kevin_hall at ntlworld.com
Wed May 22 08:30:58 UTC 2013

I agree that the usb stick might be the problem.

However, you could try the following:

If it has a DVD drive or you can get a USB external DVD drive, download
and burn the .iso

Test the usb stick on a "normal" machine to see if it boots and then
just exit the install

Check the BIOS again for anything USB related and see if there is any
entry which enables/disables booting from usb although common sense
suggests that if it is on the menu, it should be enabled

Regards

Kevin