[Lincoln LUG] Hello all needing advice

tom bruton tombruton87 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:19:02 UTC 2014

Cheers for the response. The jukebox will have a touchscreen, Using the
touch screen they can select a song. Once a song has been selected the
credit will be deducted. I will be using a full computer, would I be able
to use a molex off the psu to power the coin op system.

Im guessing keypresses is the easiest way to send information to somthing
that is essentially a webpage running in a browser frame

Is there a guide you would be able to point me to. Also I would either need
to find a program or write one to turn the coin inserts into keypresses.

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Les Pounder <lespounder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm Les from Blackpool LUG
>
> Interesting idea you have can I just ask
>
> 1. Will the user insert coins to trigger a credit, for example like
> playing a fruit machine?
> 2. Once they have credit will they have another method of input with the
> jukebox?
> 3. Once they use the method of input, a credit is deducted?
>
> There are plenty of coin mechanisms available, I would steer clear of the
> Chinese knock offs as they are a bit picky. Most coin mechanisms require
> calibration, so that they can correctly identify coins.
> If you can get a second hand arcade coin mechanism..great! But... it will
> need a 12V power supply, so if you want to interface the coin mechanism
> with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi, then you will need a relay or
> opto-isolator to protect the Arduino/Pi from the harmful 12V power supply.
> When I did it I used a relay :)
>
> Thanks
> Les
>
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM, tom bruton <tombruton87 at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Not yet there are a few different kinds and they send out different
>> signals so not sure what is the best to get be able to use the input from
>> On 6 Dec 2014 15:21, "Philip Newborough" <corenominal at corenominal.org>
>> wrote:

>>> is
>>> keyboard
>>> >

>>> The next LUG meeting is on the 17th of December.
>>>
>>> Do you already have the coin mech?
>>>
>>> Philip

> --
> Les Pounder