[Lincoln LUG] Hello all needing advice

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:40:49 UTC 2014

No worries Tom

Yeah the molex has a 12V out...just be careful with power greater than 12V
it's easy to get a bad shock!

Linking a web page to the electronics is tricky, but achievable. I know
that there is a project for the Raspberry Pi called webiopi that enables
the GPIO pins to be controlled from a web page.

There are many guides for doing this sort of thing, but to be honest each
one covers it a little differently, so have a Google and see what matches
your needs. Starter for 10
http://raspberry.io/projects/view/a-rapsberry-pi-juke-box-1/

The coin mechanism will detect the coins and their value, when the coins
entered = the cost of a credit, the coin mechanism will send a pulse
indicating a credit, an Arduino or Raspberry Pi can intercept this pulse
and use it as an input.

Les