[Lincoln LUG] Fwd: [Hull-Lug] Multiple Linux Systems Engineers - York

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Sat Nov 1 18:43:37 UTC 2014

Hi everyone

Forwarded from Hull LUG mailing list :)

Cheers

Becky Newborough

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luke Morfitt <luke.morfitt at piksel.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Subject: [Hull-Lug] Multiple Linux Systems Engineers - York
To: "Hull Linux User Group -- http://www.hulllug.org" <
hull at mailman.lug.org.uk>

 Hello,

  At *Piksel*, we design, build and run complex and high profile Internet,
web and n3 platforms.  From video and entertainment platforms to healthcare
systems, we make our living doing what we enjoy: enabling organisations to
push the boundaries of technology. By doing so we offer varied and exciting
opportunities for all our employees. We do things the right way: solid
engineering and systems management practice is our passion; applying good
practice and standards where appropriate, but allowing our architects and
clients the room to be creative and innovative with their solutions.

We are currently looking for a number of technical Linux Engineers with a
range of Internet-facing hosting experience to be based in our York office.
We will consider applications from candidates at all stages of their career.

We require keen and enthusiastic candidates who have a broad understanding
of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture who can play a
key part in supporting cutting edge technology solutions for our
distinguished client list.

Technology areas that are of particular interest to us are:

   - Scripting languages such as perl, python, bash, ruby
   - TCP/IP network administration
   - Load balancing and caching technologies and solutions
   - Storage solutions (EMC/NetApp/HP)
   - Middleware knowledge (Tomcat/Jetty/Weblogic)
   - Virtualisation and cloud knowledge (VMWare/AWS/Azure)
   - Good communication skills

 *Piksel* has a friendly culture that spurs communication and innovation.

*WIIFM? (What’s In It For Me?)*

   - Massive growth opportunities
   - Pragmatic approach to flexible working arrangements
   - Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
   - Exposure to the latest systems and network technologies
   - Working with all layers of the platform stack – no technology silo’s
   - Working closely with and learning from an extremely talented team
   - Birthday holiday allocation
   - Excellent pension scheme
   - Critical illness and death in service cover
   - Cycle to work scheme

 *About Piksel*

We help the world’s leading brands maximize their reach and return with
video.

Comprised of a global team of experts we call ‘Televisionaries,’ Piksel has
helped to design, build, and manage online video services for major media
companies like AT&T, BSkyB, Mediaset, and Sky Deutschland, as well as
enterprise brands like Airbus, Barnes & Noble, and Volkswagen.

Headquartered in New York City, Piksel offices can be found throughout
Europe and the Americas, serving more than 1,600 clients in over 50
countries.

 Kind regards,

Luke

 *--*