[Lincoln LUG] Is 2017 the year of the Linux Desktop

tom bruton tombruton87 at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 13 00:26:43 UTC 2017

I think the year of the Linux desktop is approaching however it is not
going to be the Linux that "Linux people want to see" it going to be the
sort of Linux that is going to upset him more than when someone just calls
it Linux not gnu slash Linux. I think Google really are focused on
Chromebooks and they are perfect for the average Joe, they can surf the
internet, watch a variety of videos 😀, do some word processing and that is
all most people do. For the geeks hopefully the raspberry pi pushes Linux
adoption but that is a long way off. Higher education seem to be covering
Linux more in computer science based degrees