[Lincoln LUG] Introducing myself!

Mike Sumner mike at msumner.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 08:06:31 UTC 2020

Hello All, I started experimenting with linux in about 2005 by
downloading Damn Small Linux and have been Linux only since 2006 I
think.  Played around with various distros until I found I only liked
Debian and Debian based distros and stuck with them ever since until
last year when I could not get Buster to run properly on my new Asus
Zenbook.  I had been wanting to try Manjaro for a while, so installed it
and found it worked exceptionally well, the only disadvantage being the
huge size of the major (and regular) updates. Had to swap onto an
unlimited data deal but hey, it's only £17 month for 4G with 3 Mobile
and pretty fast and reliable despite the fact that we are well out in
the sticks.  I'm hoping to see you all at the October meeting all being
well, though not sure how this Rule of 6 will affect that.
--
Mike Sumner
Voip:  01526 888303