[Lincoln LUG] Introducing myself!

Philip Newborough lugmaster at lincolnlug.org.uk
Mon Sep 14 08:19:50 UTC 2020

On 14/09/2020, 09:06, "Lincoln on behalf of Mike Sumner via Lincoln" <lincoln-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk on behalf of lincoln at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

    Hello All, I started experimenting with linux in about 2005 by
    downloading Damn Small Linux and have been Linux only since 2006 I
    think.  Played around with various distros until I found I only liked
    Debian and Debian based distros and stuck with them ever since until
    last year when I could not get Buster to run properly on my new Asus
    Zenbook.  I had been wanting to try Manjaro for a while, so installed it
    and found it worked exceptionally well, the only disadvantage being the
    huge size of the major (and regular) updates. Had to swap onto an
    unlimited data deal but hey, it's only £17 month for 4G with 3 Mobile
    and pretty fast and reliable despite the fact that we are well out in
    the sticks.  I'm hoping to see you all at the October meeting all being
    well, though not sure how this Rule of 6 will affect that.

Hi Mike

Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the list (

Regarding the October meeting, I think it is unlikely to happen. I've been adjusting/cancelling the meetings since the beginning of the virus outbreak, but optimistically not cancelling too far into the future. As things stand, I think it is unlikely that there will be any meetings this side of Christmas. It sucks. That said, a number of users hangout daily in the LUG's IRC channel, so if you've not done so already, please feel free to pop in. Details here: https://lincolnlug.org.uk/irc

Anyways, hope to meet you at a LUG meeting soon'ish.

Cheers,
Philip