[Lincs] YaSt

Tom Anderson lincs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 24 14:55:01 2003

Hi,=20
  I think it was Iain who sent me a mail about YaSt, when I was trying it=
 out=20
I somehow wiped everything out of kmail(I did say I was out of my depth) =
and=20
screwed up directories. I'm now another 2 users.
With rpm's when I get the screen with install with YaSt ,I click , go to =
root=20
then it tells me it can't get the CD
In the YaSt control panel I've tried all the options to install software,=
 I've=20
changed the source to directory, clicked thru until the route is listed r=
un=20
it and it tells me it can't get the CD.
Please don't laugh too much but it took me 5 months to discover that the=20
"make"command wasn't installed as default, and I found Linux for Dummies =
a=20
bit advanced. If it can go wrond I'll do it. I used the YOU online update=
 and=20
downloaded the nvidia driver along with other things, it then installed=20
itself and I ended up with a black screen and a command prompt plus a lit=
tle=20
bit of panic and a fresh instalation.
So any help is most welcome and appreciated but please could you make it =
step=20
by step and as simple as possible.
Tom