[Lincs] Event Flyer

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk
Thu Aug 5 16:03:50 BST 2004

>[Just a small nit-pick...] Is GNU/Linux really "the newest ...
operating
>system available"?

Ok, ok I know... but I needed to fill the space with some text - it's
only a draft and it's bound to change. Iain sent me some text to place
on the poster - I will shoehorn it in ASAP

>. o O ( And I won't mention Linux vs GNU/Linux or Free Software vs Open
)
      ( Source Software. ;>
)

Oh... pllleaseee! :-) is RMS in the house!

>What was the flyer produced with?

For all my sins I gave up fighting my linux box last night - it's having
it's monthly dilemma and used MS Publisher 2003 at work this morning to
recreate the draft (boo - hiss!) If it makes anyone feel any better I
did use an open source PDF creator to create the .pdf

I usually prefer to use pagemaker/quark but wanted to do this
exclusively on Scribus as this is for the LLUG, but seeing as my box has
just developed an X aversion and I really needed to get a version out
for people to have a look at.

Suffice to say if I get things sorted the final version will be in
Scribus or failing that Pagemaker format.

Final question: Ok it really needs a decent title/banner - any ideas?