[Lincs] Event Flyer

Dave Pearson davep at davep.org
Thu Aug 5 16:12:57 BST 2004

* Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk <Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk> [2004-08-05 16:04:07 +0100]:

> >. o O ( And I won't mention Linux vs GNU/Linux or Free Software vs Open
> )
>       ( Source Software. ;>
> )
>
> Oh... pllleaseee! :-) is RMS in the house!

We could always invite him; just don't send him the flyer. ;>

> I usually prefer to use pagemaker/quark but wanted to do this exclusively
> on Scribus as this is for the LLUG, but seeing as my box has just
> developed an X aversion and I really needed to get a version out for
> people to have a look at.

Perhaps one solution is to use something that'll create the flyer but
doesn't require a GUI?

<URL:http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/cl-pdf.html> is something I've
been meaning to toy with for a while now.

> Final question: Ok it really needs a decent title/banner - any ideas?

Something that involves Tux with his white parts repainted yellow; or is
that far too obvious (and will it clash with his beak and feet)?

Might it also be possible to squeeze some sort of map for the venue on the
flyer?

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/