[Lincs] Apache Configuration

pete at ninjafriendly.com pete at ninjafriendly.com
Mon Dec 13 17:02:38 GMT 2004

Quoting Chris Marr <majic at mintingmadhouse.fsnet.co.uk>:

> Apache config: How do you remove the test page that it defaults to, and make
> the server give a directory listing? My Linux box sits there and holds two of
> my development databases, now I also dump some web pages on there, I put the
> databases in their own seperate directory, I want the default virtual host to
> let my browser show a list of all the pages and directories in the root
> directory for the web server.

Individual folders:

Create a file called .htaccess in the folder.  If .htaccess contains the
following:

Options +Indexes

(no space between the + and Indexes)

the folder will show the directory listing of that folder.

There's also a way to set this as the default view in httpd.conf, but without a
.conf file in from of me I can't remember exactly how.  Will have a look later.

Pete