[Lincs] Apache Configuration

Chris Marr majic at mintingmadhouse.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 12:25:10 GMT 2004

Hello again

To answer some questions raised, the server (not on the net I hasten to add,
but on a small intranet) has DocumentRoot set to /var/www/html cgi scripts
run from /var/www/cgi. For each web site I create, I create a directory
under /var/www/html (ie Dukes website lives in /var/www/html/dukes) using
this method I can type in (to my web browser) http://olympus/dukes and the
Dukes index page opens up. but if I type in http://olympus the test pages
for apache appear, but there is no index.html (or any other file for that
matter, only directories for each website) in /var/www/html

I shall now investigate adding a .htaccess file to the root direcotry and
see what happens!

Thanks

Chris