[Lincs] Re: [ALUG] Christmas competition.

James Taylor jt at imen.org.uk
Fri Dec 17 00:15:45 GMT 2004

Lincs:
 You have been included because you guys might as well take part if you
want to, hell the more the merryer (and you're mostly still within reach
of delivery of prize) (and it means I get more advertising area)

Paul wrote:

>season.
>
>A one liner in a scripting language of your choice to print the first line of
>a file - The winner will be judged on convolusion & inappropriate use of
>commands. The limit is 256 characters.
>
>To be judged by the gathered hordes on Dec. 26th.

So shocked am I that Pauls Great Idea dosn't involve making me go to war
zones to reboot computers for him, (and that we need the advertising),
that Moose Computer Services will provide the winner (once we've agreed
one, and indeed the rules) with a Crate of Beer (or suitable alternative).

(terms and conditons i.e. delivery of beer might not be included
(especially if anyone outside the country enters - Im sorry, we dont
have enough money))

Please see http://www.moosecomputerservices.com/Competition/ for proof
of our dedication and ideas of what we're looking for.

Because of peer marking, not many rules are needed (if the group dosnt
like it, lump it...