[Lincs] Postfix dilivery to wrong place?

James Taylor jt at imen.org.uk
Mon Dec 20 22:51:21 GMT 2004

Ok, I have a wierd problem here:

System:

Using postfix as the mail agent, I have a virtual table and an aliases
table. Debian stable / unstable / extra bits

Problem:

Before two / three weeks ago some mail delivered to jt at imen.org.uk ended
up in tola's. At this point, there where no entries for tola in any
tables, and two for jt in the aliases. Nobody else on any domain or
username was affected. To edit this, I changed the virtuals table to
read as the below, ran the postmap restarted postfix etc,

Now, no emails to tola at imen.org.uk are recieved at all - they all go to
jt. I have tried swapping the ordering of the tola and jt lines in the
Virtual file around with no success.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on between us? (Again, no other
users seem to be affected)

Relevant entries in files follow:
The Virtual table has the ordering (only section relvant):

imen.org.uk
tola at imen.org.uk   tola
jt at imen.org.uk   jt
@imen.org.uk   jt

The Aliases has the ordering (all lines relevant to tola or jt):

jamest: jt
root: jt

--
James Taylor [jt at imen.org.uk]
Still time to enter the Alug Christmas Competition: