[Lincs] Linux from Scratch

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk
Tue Jul 27 16:33:55 BST 2004

Ref... earlier conversation... would anyone be interested in this?

Earlier conversation between Steve Paulger and myself...

(snip) Silly idea but... have you played with the idea of creating a
custom LLUG distro and distributing it on the LLUG site as a promo.
Could also use it as a distro to run lectures on at events... (snip)

I don't know if you got any feedback from anyone else in the group but I
like the idea. I think if you based it on Knoppix to boot from a CD that
would be great. Then everyone could use similar systems if they brought
them too a meeting and newcomers being encouraged to use linux wouldn't
have to commit before testing out a working system.

[Grahame] Would be a lot of work, but an interesting project.

(snip)

I'm going to have a read about making distros as this sounds like an
interesting project.

[Grahame] Working my way through the "Linux from Scratch" book right
now.