[Lincs] Linux from Scratch

Iain Baker iain.baker1 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 27 19:00:08 BST 2004

I have to say i think it sounds like a great idea...

I don't know about you, but thats what i thought about what
Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk had to say... remember?:
> Ref... earlier conversation... would anyone be interested in this?
>
> Earlier conversation between Steve Paulger and myself...
>
> (snip) Silly idea but... have you played with the idea of creating a
> custom LLUG distro and distributing it on the LLUG site as a promo.
> Could also use it as a distro to run lectures on at events... (snip)
>
> I don't know if you got any feedback from anyone else in the group but I
> like the idea. I think if you based it on Knoppix to boot from a CD that
> would be great. Then everyone could use similar systems if they brought
> them too a meeting and newcomers being encouraged to use linux wouldn't
> have to commit before testing out a working system.

I dont want to seem like im adding extra work, but if it is a successfull live
distro maybe we could think about making a fully nested version at a later
date?

> [Grahame] Would be a lot of work, but an interesting project.
>
> (snip)
>
> I'm going to have a read about making distros as this sounds like an
> interesting project.
>
> [Grahame] Working my way through the "Linux from Scratch" book right
> now.

good luck!