[Lincs] Linux from Scratch

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk
Wed Jul 28 09:28:49 BST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 20:14, Chris Lingard wrote:

>Go ahead and write one, I can embed it onto my current live CD.  The
>problem is pleasing everyone though.

[Grahame] That's always a problem - anyone have any ideas of what they
would like to see included?

I was thinking along the lines of a pretty slim software base of core
applications - KDE, Koffice, Openoffice, XMMS, Scribus - one of each
application type (office, audio etc...) Enough for the average user to
begin with and for us to use as a demo on which to run presentations.

LLUG specific wallpapers, themes etc as well could be a nice idea

>If you want a general installer you will have to have a packager, since
>most people do not want to build from source

[Grahame] I'm an RPM man myself...

The CD boots up at level 3 and has X installed

All you need to provide is the scripts and stuff for users to do a
general install.

[Grahame] By this I presume you mean HDD install?

Cheers,

Grahame