[Lincs] Fwd: Lincs LUG

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 12:35:18 BST 2004

Marc Mc Guinness wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Chris Lingard wrote the following on 24.06.2004 00:40:
>
>> On Wednesday 23 June 2004 23:13, Marc Mc Guinness wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

I have access to a colocated server with
Debian/Apache/PHP/MySQL/Email/IRC and a similar backup server with 1Gb
of web space if necessary, but I'm sure the web space provided by
lincs.lug.org.uk includes web space with all these features (except IRC
but we could use the oftc server?). Please do correct me if I'm wrong!
It might be nice to set up llug.org.uk or lincs.org.uk or something
similar on our own server but this probably isn't a priority?

>> I have no objection to this. I started this group years ago, but
>> due the geography, we have had no meetings.
>>
>> Anybody object to handing over the controls to  Marc Mc Guinness?

I'm quite happy to do it if he doesn't have the time or work together to
share the load

> I've got exams (studying computer networking at university in Germany)
> at the moment, but will be back in England for August and September.
> That's when I've got lots of time to work on a web site for Lincs LUG.
>
> If anybody thinks he has got more time and can finish basic work on
> the web site before August, he should do it.

As I said in my original email I have lots of free time as of this
Friday afternoon (tomorrow) as my new contract (IT Technician) doesn't
start until September and when it starts I'll be working 30 hours a week
so hopefully will still have time to contribute.

Let's get this thing started :)

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk