[Lincs] Fwd: Lincs LUG

Shaun Holt shaun at merchantpagan.com
Thu Jun 24 09:36:15 BST 2004

Hello List,

It is great to see the activity that has started on this mailing list.
It is difficult keeping a site going (i.e. looking fresh and organising meetings).

I am also a member of scundog Scunthorpe & Doncaster Linux User Group. The
group's  geography of our region does present challenges for some members.

Scundog tries to meet up at least once a month, on Saturdays, at Ashby Link in
Scunthorpe. We have a lively, well supported group and gathering. One difference
to our group is that we have no mailing list - however we do have a forum.

If your LUG would like to join us at any of our meetings you would be most welcome
the Ashby link resource is a decent venue. The gatherings run from 10am-2pm so
they cater for people who have to catch trains/buses etc.

This is not some childish attempt to create a fork/hijack anyone's efforts but it may
be a help to sustaining both LUGs and attracting some good speakers for the
meetings.

Scundog has been active in promoting GNU/lInux at trade shows and has helped
some members find employment or solve their problems at home or work (IT related
that is :-)).

Our next meeting details are found at:

http://www.scundog.org/meeting.html

Best Regards