[Lincs] The Future of LLUG

EN Baker satan_sporn at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:36:01 BST 2004

I have some basic HTML experience and am happy to help implement any ideas,
but i feel (and correct me if i'm wrong) that the LUG firstly needs to get
together and sort out what it wants to achieve and how best to do it!

I would like to make a point of saying this is in no way a criticism of
Chris, and what he has done to this point! i just feel that now it is
established, the lincolnshire Linux Community would benefit from a focused
effort.

I would like to suggest that at some point we as a group, get together, and
have a chat about what we want out of the LUG, and that we should all
contribute what we can to create a true Linux Community! After all, is'nt
the whole ethos of linux that it is built and run and developed and grows by
the comunity effort put in??

Also, as im sure we are all aware thanks to the wonderful PR machine that is
my work place, RAF Waddington is holding its airshow this weekend (26th
&27th June)  obviously it is now a bit late for a pressance, however, plans
for next years airshow start monday, and if there is an interest i am sure
LLUG could aquire a stand to spread the word of our favourite free OS, maybe
with demo's of its usability, and Live Distro handouts?? Let me know and i
will drop subtle hints around work about giving me a stand next year!

what do we say?
iain

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial
size=2>---------------------------------------------------------------<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Be prepared to rely on someone... It's not a sign of weakness, and your
too special to go it alone!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Everybody's alright Really... Thats what I think Anyway" -
Winnie-the-Pooh</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Our job in this life is not to succeed, but to continue to fail in
good spirit" - Anon</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>xxXxx</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></html>