[Lincs] The Future of LLUG

Iain Baker iain.baker1 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 24 12:57:10 BST 2004

On Thursday 24 June 2004 12:46, Ben Francis wrote:
> * Re-do the web site,
>    - possibly get a list together  of all the members that are still
> active, a rough location and Bio for each. We could even be real flash
> and clever and put it all in a MySQL database ;)
>    - Keep the link to the mailing list sign up page but also a link to
> archives so interested people can see what is talked about
> (I've started work on a possible page if anyone is interested)
> * Arrange a regular (weekly?) IRC meeting on OFTC (or a dedicated IRC
> server I'd be willing to set up) so we can at least have virtual
> meetings and get chatting
> * Try and a find a meeting place that is somewhere around the centre of
> where all the active members live so there can be a first meeting!

(just so we all know, i have changed my name and address, but i am still EN
Baker... dont wanna cause confusion)

I have to say, i like your ideas... the IRC idea is fantastic, and will
certainly help build on the comunity aspect, certainly gets my vote! after
all, the way i see it (and it is only my humble oppinion) but in order to
progress with the website, and the LUG as a whole there needs to be more of a
community feeling, as up untill recently this list has only really been used
forpleas for help, and not discussions (such as this) about the way forward!