[Lincs] The Future of LLUG

sammi sam at fridlington.com
Thu Jun 24 13:51:55 BST 2004

can i help? built loads of sites at my previous job, sportingbet, car
launch site for ford, stuff for the bbc etc. company was futura.com have
a look if you like.

done a diary using perl/mysql for the local webtripe - i won't give you
the link for the local site though, it's Very Naff(tm) :)

the diarys here though:

http://cgi.fridlington.plus.com/cgi-bin/diary.pl

it automatically removes events once they have past.

there's also a search engine here:

http://cgi.fridlington.plus.com/

uses perl and mysql. does fulltext searching to weight the results
properly, highlight words searched for, removes common words, times the
search etc. it's just for demonstration purposes though, with about 200
records in it at the moment. the records are all to do with programming,
so to give it a whirl try things like perl, cgi, php etc. number of
search words is unlimited.

(bear with me, nearly finished)

and a visitor counter here:

http://cgi.fridlington.plus.com/cgi-bin/counter/countwelton.pl

again, used by the local webtripe

i've got a server sat next to me running apache/mysql etc

my present job is to sit at home and be ill so i've got plenty of time
on my hands

any of this useful?

sammi

sam at fridlington.com