[Lincs] The Future of LLUG

Marc Mc Guinness marc at mcguinness.de
Fri Jun 25 19:25:51 BST 2004

Hi all,

sammi wrote the following on 24.06.2004 14:53:
> my present job is to sit at home and be ill so i've got plenty of time
> on my hands

Some people on this list seem to have much more time to work on the
reawakening of Lincs LUG than me. I will help you all with pleasure (in
August and September) and we should share the jobs Ben already listed in
his mail.

First task:
Ben sets up an IRC server.

Second task:
Who would like to create a new design for http://www.lincs.lug.org.uk/?
Maybe even two or more people create a design (draft) and we can make a
vote on this list or on IRC.

Third task:
Who would programme a member sign-on which we can insert into the new
design? It would be nice to have
- name
- residence
- occupation
- favorite linux distribution(s)
- active member in opensource teams (e.g. Amavis, KDE or whatever)
Of course it would be great to have it stored in an mysql database.

Fourth task:
After people have registered themselves on the web page we can have a
look for a place to meet.

Fifth task:
Get in touch with the neighbouring LUG's.

Bye,

Marc