[Lincs] Hello

dave at dsem.homelinux.net dave at dsem.homelinux.net
Mon Jun 28 14:38:51 BST 2004

Hi all

Just a quick note to introduce myself...

I'm Dave from Lincoln, I work in IT, in the past I have used Linux to provide
cost effective solutions for small businesses.  The job I am in at the moment
is 100% M$ and I cannot see that changing in a hurry, despite the business
being very cost consious.  I am not in a position to influence change :(

At home I use Linux most of the time, only resorting to Windows for processing
digital images, although that could change soon as the software I use is now
available for OSX.

I know of a reliable irc network, with several UK servers run by Linux
enthusists, where we could setup a LincsLUG channel later today and be chatting
tonight.

If a LincsLUG web forum is setup can it also send out messages via email if
possible?

Dave