[Lincs] Hello

david michael davidmichael at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 28 19:22:43 BST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: lincs-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:lincs-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Ben Francis
Sent: 28 June 2004 17:18
To: lincs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Lincs] Hello

dave at dsem.homelinux.net wrote:

>If a LincsLUG web forum is setup can it also send out messages via email if

>possible?
>

>All this talk of forums is making me giddy :) A forum that sends out
>email messages too? What's wrong with the mailing list? IMHO a mailing
>list is easier to use than a web forum anyway.
>
>tola ^/.
>
>--
>Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk
>COMPUTER SUPPORT for small businesses and home users
>http://tolatech.co.uk

I thought the web forum was quite a good idea, I know that most of us can
probably get our heads round irc, mail lists etc. but surely for the
encouragement of ppl who don't even know how to spell linux let alone use it
then surely making things as easily as possible and as user friendly as
possible might encourage new users/members, just my opinion, but im all for
encouraging new people to the way of life that is linux!

Dave, Lincoln.