[Lincs] Hello

MD barodato at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:48:23 BST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:17:55 +0100, Ben Francis <lists at hippygeek.co.uk> wrote:

> All this talk of forums is making me giddy :) A forum that sends out
> email messages too? What's wrong with the mailing list? IMHO a mailing
> list is easier to use than a web forum anyway.

I beg to differ. I just managed to mess up the voting on the IRC
channel thing by accidentally starting a new thread. Sorry for that.
Also, I managed to use two names there on the mailing list. From now
on, I'll be working under the name 'MD'. :)

If we had a forum, stuff like that wouldn't happen. :D You can make a
forum send emails when a certain thread has been replied to, so anyone
especially fond of mailing lists wouldn't be inconvenienced, although
they would have to visit the forum to reply. I don't see much of a
problem with that, tbh. It was also mean there were fewer problems
with quoting and thread stucture.

As for the IRC thing, whats the delay? It wouldn't take two minutes to
set one up on a public server.

--
Thanks,
-Matt Dancer <barodato at gmail dot com>