[Lincs] News Archive, and quiet LUG

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 16:14:14 BST 2004

EN Baker wrote:

> no i mean proper damage... like the sort used from hacking
>an ip address... or using it as a proxy to stitch other
>peopl;e with crimes that they haven't done

I think you mean "cracking". And what makes you think I'm not trying to
do that? Or any oher member of the list for that matter? Does Chris know
the intentions of everyone on this list? My point is that a password
does little to add privacy, just causes inconvenience.

>anyway... never mind... lets move on?

No hard feelings Iain! I'm just expressing my opinion, I mean well ;)

As a more positive skew on the issue... Marc: any progress with
modifying the software to exclude or mangle email addresses? Does anyone
have any other suggestions?

Best Wishes

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk