[Lincs] Archive is private from now on!

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 13 14:18:07 BST 2004

On 2004-09-13 12:07:45 +0100 Marc Mc Guinness <marc at mcguinness.de>
wrote:

> To prevent automated mail address collectors from getting mailing
> list
> members mail addresses I changed the archive accessibility from
> public to
> private. You need to log in with your email address and your password
> from
> now on.

Please post an alternative suitably-munged public archive, else the
people of Lincolnshire will not be able to tell what a useful email
list their LUG has and it won't appear on web searches, library
catalogues and so on. In general, LUGs don't have reliable amounts of
time to summarise all list discussion to articles on their main site
and what one person thinks insignificant may be the vital hint a new
member needs.

While you're fiddling with the list, can you remove the reply-to
setting, please? The list already has List-Post headers, which allow a
well-behaved mail client to default to list-replies, if that is its
user's policy. I'm rather unhappy that this list makes it
unnecessarily hard to reply to the author only, which was what I
intended to do on Saturday and failed. Fortunately, it wasn't that
sensitive an email.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep