[Lincs] Archive is private from now on!

Peter Cooper peter at petercooper.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 21:17:55 BST 2004

On 14 Sep 2004, at 21:11, Ben Francis wrote:
> There must be a better way of solving the spam problem here, if only
> suggesting that people use a different address especially for mailing
> lists.

I tried that when I signed up. I quickly found, however, that the list
wouldn't accept posts from me as even though I could receive the list
at a different address (thanks to a 'catch-all').. any posts I made
would have my normal 'From' address, and the list would reject my post.
I know the usual solution to this is to create another account in your
e-mail program with a specific From address, but I wasn't willing to go
to this hassle.. and used my regular address, unfortunately forgetting
about the Web archive.

Thankfully I have a good spam system in place, but it's the first blot
on an otherwise perfect record with this particular domain.. ;-)

Pete