[Lincs] Archive is private from now on!

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 15 09:25:36 BST 2004

On 2004-09-14 12:52:13 +0100 Marc Mc Guinness <marc at mcguinness.de>
wrote:

> [...] I think there are
> even more people who'd subscribe, if we offer a better way to prevent
> the
> addresses from being snarfed up by automated web scanners for use by
> spammers.

I wouldn't have subscribed if I couldn't have read the list
beforehand. You might not care, given that I'm 9 miles outside the
Holland border, but I'm surely not that unusual.

> I know and I agree. Closing the archive isn't a good thing to do, but
> as I
> don't have direct read/write access to the mailman installation on
> lug.org.uk
> I've got to use the options they give to us. [...]

Why? Other list archive services (and other list hosts even) exist.
You could even run an archiver with whatever hacks you want as part of
the LUG web site.

>>> I've changed the reply-to setting and I hope it works.
>> Not at the time of the email that I'm replying to.
> This mail is another try.

Seems to be orking erpectly now. Thanks.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep