[Lincs] Linux From Scratch

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 19:08:49 BST 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 18:46, Ben Francis wrote:
> Chris Lingard distributed Linux From Scratch CDs at the Real
> Life (TM) meeting. To Chris, or anyone else in the know, what
> do I do with it?

I find it very useful for standing coffee cups on, to avoid
staining the desk

> I'm prompted for a username and password upon booting from the
> CD but I'm not sure what to use. I don't think for a minute
> that I'll get LFS working in the full sense of the word, but I
> would like to have a play!

Log in as root    there is no pass word

See the README in /

If you have an empty 2Gb partition mount it to /mnt/lfs

See the book   lynx  /usr/src/lfs-book/index.html

Best of all, use it for a recovery disk for when you mess
up grub/lilo

Chris