[Lincs] LLUG Linux Distro

Dave Rice davejrice at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:57:59 BST 2005

Hi guys,

On the subject of creating a Distro (live/HD install) I now have my
system setup to create one.  Have done a couple of test ISOs and they
work great.

They are based on Morphix, on which Knoppix is based (Debian), and are
fully configurable.

All we need to decide on is what software we want on there....

Desktop?  (gnome,kde,xkce......)
Browser?  (firefox of course!)
Admin/recovery tools?
Extra drivers? (nvidia, ndiswrapper,.....)

what do we want it to do?

Also we need custom graphics for boot loader, bootsplash, icons,
backgrounds etc...any volunteers?

Let me know what you think. Once we have decided it only takes about
an hour to build from scratch into a bootable CD.

Regards

Dave (Ricey)