[Lincs] Ubuntu CDs

Marc McGuinness marc at mcguinness.de
Fri Mar 18 16:54:17 GMT 2005

Nice to hear from you, Grahame!

I'd like to support you all on arranging another meeting wherever it's
possible! On our meeting in September we promised to plan a meeting
somewhere near Lincoln, but we haven't found a venue yet! Any ideas?

There are still very interesting talks to be held on our next meeting.
Iain was going to give a talk on Audacity and Kopete and Grahame
couldn't give his talk on GIMP last time. We should probably have more
time for individual problems and discussions next time. What are your
opinions about an install party? It would require a good and stable
power supply...

We're looking for volunteers for the following web page tasks:
a) The administrators of lug.org.uk didn't like my idea of running an
irc bot to log the events on our irc channel. We'll have to remove the
IRC log part from the web site.

b) Over the last couple of month I had to manually remove several
advertising posts from the database... We need PHP code to check the
user posts on http://www.lincs.lug.org.uk/add_profile.php and on
http://www.lincs.lug.org.uk/Contribute.php

c) We have to let users modify their profiles and locations. Any
suggestions?

Bye for now!

Marc