[Lincs] Ubuntu CDs

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk
Fri Mar 18 13:56:08 GMT 2005

Hi all,
As part of my ongoing project for the LLUG website I've been looking
into a number of different distros. I'm currently in the process of
finishing part two - where I cover Ubuntu (unashamedly my favourite
distro ever) and Knoppix, this will be published in the next week or so.

Thanks to Ubuntu's scheme of shipping official CD's free of charge I
will very soon have 10 copies of Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary Hedgehog) to give
away. These CD's are due to arrive mid April so if you would like a copy
please let me know via email.
As the LLUG mailing list has been so quiet later I thought it may be a
good idea for everyone who is still receiving mails from the LLUG list
and who are still interested in the LUG to reply back stating so - just
a head count.
With Marc in Germany and Iain having to deal with real-life issues (nice
to see you back Iain) interest in the LUG seems to have dropped to a
near non existent level... it's time to get some impetus back!
To this end I want to get into motion the idea of a LLUG specific distro
(this was mentioned last year in a couple of posts - Chris Lingard in
particular seemed to be interested) back on track - any ideas,
suggestions or offers of help would be gratefully received!
How about a slight revamp of the website? People must have suggestions
and ideas on how to improve the site... lets get involved we had a
pretty good thing going up to our first meeting last year since then
entropy seems to have set in, no ones perfect and we all have lives
outside of our interests but it would be a shame to see this LUG go the
same way as the last one.
Talking of meetings... lets arrange one! Lincoln? Boston? Somewhere in
between?
Till then...
Cheers,
Grahame