[Lincs] [Fwd: Venue for install fest]

Keith Marshall keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 22 18:40:26 GMT 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 6:44 pm, iain baker wrote:
> > If you want a venue for an install-fest how about one in Scunthorpe? We
> > have an excellent venue there. Scunthorpe is decently located to pull
> > together Lincs LUG, SCUNDOG and HULL LUG.
>
> not neccessary for an install party, it just adds extra miles

That depends on where you are travelling from!

By what right do you presume to speak for those of us living in the northern
reaches of the realm, and for whom a venue such as Scunthorpe would be
eminently suitable?

IIRC, when you held your first meeting in Boston -- in the extreme south of
the region -- disappointment was expressed that more of us didn't travel from
the north, to attend.  So why do you now baulk at travelling north, to join
us on our turf?  Sorry to have to say this, but if you want a Lincolnshire
LUG, actively supported by members from all over the county, then, given the
area involved, you need to be prepared to travel a bit.

BTW, I wasn't present at the Boston meeting, not because I thought it too far
to travel from Grimsby, but because I had another commitment for that day,
which I was unable to defer.

Regards,
Keith.