[Lincs] [Fwd: Venue for install fest]

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 19:48:01 GMT 2005

Keith Marshall wrote:

>On Sunday 20 March 2005 6:44 pm, iain baker wrote:
>

>>>  how about one in Scunthorpe?
>>>

>>not neccessary for an install party, it just adds extra miles
>>

>That depends on where you are travelling from!

*waves at Keith right up thar in the North*

I'm at the other extreme of our member locations
(http://www.lincs.lug.org.uk/members.php) right in the very South 70
miles from you. I personally don't think I would travel 65 miles to
Scunthorpe for a meeting and if you were considering travelling from
Grimsby  to the last meeting then you're probably more dedicated than I!

I suppose  we have two options really. We can either alternate meetings
between a Northern venue and a Southern venue or we can pick a place as
central as possible  (around Lincoln) and stick to it. Do any members
near Lincoln have any ideas for venues?

A third option would be to split into two groups and have a South
Lincolnshire Linux User Group (SLLUG) and a North Lincolnshire Linux
User Group (NLLUG) but I feel we should persevere with a larger
catchment area for the time being  and see how it goes.**

>By what right do you presume to speak for those of us living in the northern
>reaches of the realm <snip>

uh huh, we hear you. Perhaps *mid-realm* would be more convenient for all.

tola

P.S. lug.org.uk is back! Anyone know what happened to it over the past
couple of days?

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk