[Lincs] HOWTOs for the wiki?

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 20:00:06 GMT 2005

What do people think of having a HOWTO section in the Wiki? If a member
comes across something they find difficult in Linux, researches it and
finds a solution they could post a step by step guide for other members
to read, remembering to mention which distribution they were using at
the time.

My only worry is that a HOWTO section would be too similar to the E-zine
although I can see a distinction between a HOWTO and an article.

I have a couple of ideas for HOWTOs relating to setting up a web server.
Should I post an E-zine article or start a HOWTO section? I feel people
would feel more inclined to change and improve a HOWTO than edit an
E-zine article which is somehow more personal.

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk